Change in Degree Sought

Any student admitted to The Graduate School who wishes to change the degree sought from non-degree to Master's or PhD, or from Master's to PhD should first consult their program of study. The student must then submit an online application and be sure to accurately respond to the first page of questions. Programs may require supporting documents to consider the request. Up to four course units taken as a non-degree student may be accepted to satisfy graduate degree requirements if approved by TGS and the admitting program. 

Students who wish to change the degree sought from PhD to Master's should consult the policy on withdrawal.