The following requirements are in addition to, or further elaborate upon, those requirements outlined in The Graduate School Policy Guide.
The department offers no terminal master's degree, but students must earn a master's degree as one of the requirements for the PhD degree. To obtain the MA or MS degree, students take the courses required for the specialized field and complete a master's thesis.
Total Units Required: 27
|PSYCH 401-1||Proseminar--Biological & Cognitive Bases of Behavior|
|PSYCH 401-2||Proseminar--Social and Personality Basesof Behavior|
|Additional course requirements differ for the five program areas. 1|
See Department Guide for more Information
Other PhD Requirements
- Examinations: For admission to candidacy, written examination or paper.
- Research/Projects: In addition to master's project and PhD dissertation, students are expected to engage in supervised research projects
- PhD Dissertation: Result of independent research in specialized field
- Final Evaluations: Oral examination on dissertation
- Other: Teaching assignment (see department guide)