Financial Aid

The University awards financial aid on the basis of need as determined by the financial circumstances of the family. Federal loans or private scholarships are provided according to their own criteria and sometimes regardless of financial need. Financial aid consists of scholarships, part-time employment, and loan funding. These funds come from state, federal, institutional, and private sources. Students must apply for financial aid each year and might qualify for a combination of funds. Aid awards will be relatively consistent assuming the family financial circumstance is also relatively consistent. 

For new first-year students, financial aid is renewable for a maximum of 12 quarters of full-time enrollment or its equivalent. Students admitted to a five-year dual degree program approved for aid are eligible for a maximum of 15 quarters of full-time enrollment or its equivalent. The five-year dual degree programs approved for aid include liberal arts and music, communication and engineering, communication and music, education and music, engineering and music, or journalism and music.  Students must be enrolled in the dual degree program by the end of their sophomore year. A student who later decides to pursue only one degree reverts to a maximum eligibility of 12 quarters. Students pursuing other dual degree oppor­tunities that are not approved for aid would be eligible for federal and state funding only after utilizing 12 quarters of institutional aid. Transfer students are eligible for up to 9 quarters of institutional financial aid.

Regardless of whether a student receives financial aid in a given quarter or year, all quarters of enrollment count toward the maximum eligibility. Those needing additional quarters of aid must submit an appeal to the Office of Undergraduate Financial Aid. Those appeals should be submitted at the time that the additional quarter is needed.

 For information consult