Political Science PhD
The following requirements are in addition to, or further elaborate upon, those requirements outlined in The Graduate School Policy Guide.
Total Units Required: 18
|POLI_SCI 403-0||Introduction to Probability and Statistics 1|
|POLI_SCI 405-0||Linear Models 1|
|Other courses approved by the Director of Graduate Studies: 16 units|
Political Theory students are occasionally exempt from the requirement to take POLI_SCI 403-0 Introduction to Probability and Statistics and POLI_SCI 405-0 Linear Models.
Other PhD Degree Requirements
- Research Paper Requirement: Scholarly paper in first or second year
- Second Field Requirement: Five courses in a student's second field, or optional qualifying examination
- Examination: One written qualifying examination in student's first field; optional examination in student's second field
- Prospectus: Dissertation research design presented during the quarter after passing the qualifying examination
- Final Evaluations: Oral defense of dissertation
- Other: Teaching requirement begins in second year in an undergraduate course